Are you planning to sell your house on your own, without a real estate agent? If so, you’ll need a printable for sale by owner house contract to ensure a smooth and legal transaction.
A for sale by owner (FSBO) contract is a legal document that outlines the terms and conditions of the sale between the homeowner and the buyer. Without this contract, you won’t be able to close the deal and transfer the ownership of your property.
Fortunately, you can easily find printable FSBO contracts online. These templates are designed to meet the legal requirements in your state and can be customized to suit your specific needs.
When filling out your printable FSBO contract, make sure to include the following information:
– Property details: This includes the address, the size of the property, and any special features or amenities.
– Purchase price: This is the amount you’re selling the property for. Be sure to specify whether the price is negotiable or fixed.
– Earnest money: This is a deposit made by the buyer to show their commitment to the purchase. It’s usually a percentage of the purchase price and is held in escrow until the closing.
– Closing date: This is the date when the property will officially change ownership.
– Contingencies: These are conditions that must be met before the sale can be finalized. Common contingencies include financing, home inspection, and title search.
– Disclosures: You must disclose any known defects or issues with the property, such as leaks or structural damage.
– Signatures: Both the buyer and seller must sign the contract to make it legally binding.
It’s important to note that a printable FSBO contract is a legally binding document. Therefore, it’s crucial to read it carefully and seek legal advice if you’re unsure about any of the terms and conditions.
Selling a house without a real estate agent can save you thousands of dollars in commission fees. However, it also means taking on more responsibilities and risks. By using a printable FSBO contract, you can ensure a smooth and successful transaction and avoid any legal complications.